Linum Consult’s client is a transport consultant operating out of Qatar. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a Transport Planning Specialist with particular experience in public bus operations and transport planning to join their team in Qatar.
- Organising, implementing, and maintaining the scheduling management system in order to support the daily bus activities and their plans
- Interacting with the customers and dispatchers to schedule and coordinate the daily assignments of drivers
- Analysing critical schedules and constraints to determine the effect of changes to the schedule and recommending daily trips
- Developing and maintaining the daily status reports to keep senior managers informed of bus operations
- Monitoring the bus fleet and ensuring required vehicles are available
- Developing and maintaining a Public Transport Master Dashboard, covering all key projects and activities within the company, leading to the delivery of the public transport strategy
- A Bachelor’s degree qualification in Transport Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Logistics, or similar field. Post graduate degree qualification is highly preferred along with PMP certification
- At least 10 years’ experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) with significant experience in the bus transportation industry, of which 4 years have been in a senior position
- Significant experience in managing projects, teams, and stakeholders, with expertise on Program & Performance development
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of bus transportation operations and project delivery
- Demonstrable supervisory experience on a variety of projects and initiatives
- Strong IT skills, particularly in MS Office and database programs
- Excellent organisational, communication, and presentation skills
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Francis Ryan, detailing your current financial package and notice period.