Linum Consult’s client is part of a multinational Tier 1 main contractor – a world leader in structural engineering, currently seeking to expand their UK operations. They are urgently looking for a dynamic Structural Design Engineer, to join their growing team in their London office.
- Designing and detailing repair/strengthening solutions
- Designing and detailing temporary works, including bespoke tools
- Designing construction methods
- Performing design risk analyses
- Liaising with checkers and other engineers
- Assisting the company’s estimators with the technical aspects of the tenders
- Ensuring designs are safe and economically optimised
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree qualification in Structural Civil Engineering
- At least 3 years’ experience in the design of steel and reinforced concrete structures and temporary works
- Experience in designing steel works and connections (bolted and welded)
- Experience of temporary works design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office, IDEA StatiCa (SAP2000 knowledge would be advantageous), and AutoCAD (Solidworks is a plus)
- Only candidates that already have the right to live and work in the UK can be considered.
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Kiva Donald. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.