Linum Consult’s client is part of a multinational Tier 1 main contractor – a world leader in structural engineering, currently seeking to expand their UK operations. They are therefore looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their team in London, visiting live projects and external clients.
- Designing and detailing repair/strengthening solutions
- Designing and detailing temporary works
- Designing and justifying construction methods
- Collaborating in the preparation of AIPs for temporary works
- Performing design risk analyses
- Liaising with Clients, checkers, and other engineers
- Providing design programmes and monitoring them
- Managing internal design processes, including assumptions reviews, designs, checks, and issuing approved drawings to operation teams and clients
- Assisting the company’s estimators with technical aspects
- Bachelors or preferably a master’s degree qualification in Structural Engineering
- At least 8 years’ experience in designing steel and reinforced concrete structures, and temporary works
- Experience in designing steel works and connections (bolted and welded)
- Experience of temporary works design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office, IDEA StatiCa (SAP2000 knowledge would be advantageous), and AutoCAD (Solidworks is a plus)
- Only candidates that already have the right to live and work in the UK can be considered.
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Kiva Donald. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.