Linum Consult’s client is a leading international finance company, currently seeking a Senior Financial Controller to join their team in Paris, France.
- Account for the business unit’s financial and local regulatory reporting under French GAAP and Group reporting under IFRS
- Determine and manage key reporting differences between accounting frameworks, with awareness of the impacts on tax, regulatory and other local financial reporting
- Manage the external audit process: escalate key issues to line management and other stakeholders
- Be the key subject matter expert of the local regulatory reporting requirements and deliver these to ACPR and other similar regulators
- Engage with the regulatory bodies: respond to queries in a timely manner, build a solid working relationship
- Be accountable for month-end close of local branch
- Ensure ledgers are accurately captured and comply with items under IFRS (e.g. IFRS16, IAS37, IFRS9, etc.) and French GAAP
- Extensive experience of French GAAP and IFRS accounting and France Regulatory Reporting (e.g., Statistical, Anacredit)
- Professional accountancy qualification from a recognised body (e.g., CIMA, ACCA, CA, DSCG, DEC, or equivalent), as well as significant post-qualification experience
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills in both French and English
- Strong leadership experience gained through a variety of channels including projects, direct, and matrix management
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.