Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking a Senior Commercial Manager to oversee all commercial aspects of their substantial programme delivery department in Qatar.
- Identifying and advising on all project commercial matters, including payment, securities management, change management, evaluation of claims & assessments, and quantification of risk
- Liaising with the programme delivery department for the review, assessment, and evaluation of contractors’ and consultants’ performance in relation to commercial tasks
- Ensuring all contracts are managed commercially and contractually according to the established rules, procedures, and regulations
- Identifying any issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity
- Leading and managing the cost reporting, ensuring adherence to schedule. Reporting cost forecasting, anticipated final costs, cost of works done, gross billing, and current contract values
- Overseeing the production of applications for payment and/or invoices to the supply chain department in accordance with the relevant funding agreements
- Coordinating with the legal department to ensure all commercial aspects of the programme are carried out according to legislation and regulation
- At least a Bachelor’s degree qualification in Quantity Surveying, Construction Economics, or Engineering, with a professional membership to RICS or similar
- At least 12 years’ experience managing the commercial aspects of large, complex engineering projects
- Strong relationship management skills with supply chains and internal clients
- Working knowledge of the FIDIC suite of contracts
- Previous history of working internationally and in the Middle East
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com for the attention of Fatima Rodriguez, detailing your current financial package and notice period.