Linum Consult’s client is a major international engineering and construction business which has been in operation for more than 30 years. The group develops and operates complex infrastructure assets in the power and transportation sectors. Due to exceptional growth across emerging markets, Linum Consult’s client is looking for an experienced Senior Commercial Manager, with strong procurement skills, to be based in London.
As the international Senior Commercial Manager, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
Provide full commercial support at pre-tender stage including:
- Reviewing and managing prequalification criteria and compliance.
- Compiling relevant marketing and financial information required in the Tender.
- Working with Engineering team in developing Bid Price.
- Working with Engineering and Planning departments to develop the bid programme.
- Identifying early project risks and opportunities and ensure that they are managed accordingly.
- Working closely with and across the supply chain to ensure efficient and cost-effective procurement.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the terms and conditions of Supplier contracts.
Provide full commercial support during construction phase including:
- Producing monthly Payment Certificates of Projects in progress.
- Establishing and maintaining accurate and robust reporting structures and monitoring resources and costs to ensure that the project meets or exceeds agreed targets.
- Maximising cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payments due.
- Liaising across the project team to promote a clear understanding of the contractual relationships between the various parties and stakeholders.
- Reviewing and approving Suppliers’ invoices final account negotiation and settlement.
- Managing variations, claims, mediations, disputes with Suppliers and Employer.
- Civil Engineering qualification, and a professional membership with RICS or CInstCES
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in both procurement and contract management for significant civil engineering projects
- Minimum of 10 years’ major project experience in a multicultural or international environment
- Specific skills / abilities: Computer knowledge, contract administration knowledge, holistic approach to work, highly organised with strong attention to detail
- The right to live and work in the UK
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.