Linum Consult’s client is a major international engineering and construction business which has been in operation for more than 30 years. The group develops and operates complex infrastructure assets in the power and transportation sectors. Due to exceptional growth, Linum Consult’s client is looking for an experienced Senior Commercial Manager for a high speed rail construction project in Turkey. Please note that this position will be based in London with international travel.
- Undertaking contracts review/tender review/risk assessments for tenders and new contracts for award (if applicable)
- Overseeing all correspondence issued by the Contracts & Commercial Department (UK), as well as any contractual correspondence issued across the subsidiaries
- Advising/ensuring contractual compliances requirements, e.g. contractual deliverables, performance bond, insurances.
- Drafting (or review of drafts by others) contractual correspondence, deed of assignments, novation agreements, and warranties.
- Monitoring and coordinating contractual claims and variation orders, claims against Government/client in conjunction with other Senior Managers
- Drafting claim documents and supervising the compilation of the claim documents.
- Attending claims-related meetings with clients, consultants to seek early resolution and settlement of claims.
- Complying and adhering to all matters pertaining to Quality, Safety & Health and Environment relating to the job scope and workplace as required by the company.
- Qualifications: Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Professional Membership: RICS / CInstCES
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years (contractual claims administration)
- Minimum of 5 years’ major project experience
- Previous experience of working in either Europe, Central Asia or Africa
- Specific skills / abilities: Computer knowledge, contract administration knowledge, ability to draft contractual letters
Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work independently, to demonstrate maturity and tactful in handling different levels of individuals within the organization and external parties.
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.