Linum Consult’s client is a major consultancy operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are seeking a Lawyer with a background in the Construction industry to join their team in Qatar. You must have at least 3 years’ experience working a private practice as well as working as an in-house lawyer.
- Providing non-contentious construction advice to construction project teams in coordination with other company departments, ensuring that all aspects of contract management receive a high quality legal service
- Providing advice in accordance with the company’s contracts and commercial policies and procedures
- Reviewing service and commercial contracts and assisting in the procurement of professional and commercial services
- Drafting and reviewing MOUs between project stakeholders
- Providing research, legal opinions and advice concerning specific issues: construction & contracts law, litigation, and dispute resolution
- University degree in Law from a recognised law school, with admittance to a recognised Bar or holding a current practicing certificate issued by a Law Society
- Previously worked in a private practice
- Around 10 years’ experience working on major construction projects and dispute resolution/commercial arbitration within the Middle East
- Familiarity with the FIDIC suite of contracts is essential, preferably in the transport sector
- Good knowledge of the legal systems in the Middle East and the civil code system
- The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English. Spoken Arabic is not a prerequisite but would be an advantage
If you fulfil all the key criteria for this position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Fatima Rodriguez to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you fulfil all the criteria stipulated, you will be contacted within 24 to 48 hours. If you do not fulfil the minimum criteria, we may contact you regarding alternative positions.