Linum Consult’s client is a major international company that works within the energy sector. They are urgently seeking a Head of Tax to be based in their head office in Doha, Qatar.
- Developing and maintaining effective company tax strategy, including formulation of overall tax philosophy and approach to tax compliance, tax planning, and tax risk management
- Ensuring fulfilment of tax law provisions relevant to Qatar and all countries within the company’s operations
- Analysing and verifying the tax treatment of significant budget items
- Ensuring effective tax planning and providing strategic tax analysis of significant anticipated deals, investment projects, business reorganisations and other material transactions
- Providing regular monitoring of changes in tax legislation. Coordinating effective political and industry tax lobbying
- Developing and maintaining proper tax risk management standards, policies and procedures
- Establishing and maintaining proper group tax accounting and reporting policies and procedures. Developing, managing and updating the tax-related KPI’s system
- Degree qualification in Law, Finance, or Business Administration, preferably with an MBA or master’s in International Tax
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in international tax, with 4-5 years in a similar role
- Ideally have previously worked for international companies in the energy industry
- Familiarity with Qatari corporate and tax laws and regulations
- Ideally have Big4 experience in the field of international tax
- Fluent in spoken and written English
If you feel that you have the right background of experience to take up this challenging position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Francis Ryan to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application has been successful, then we will contact you within 72hrs.