Linum Consult’s client is a large international company specialising in power generation. They are urgently seeking an Electrical Supervisor to oversee the electrical and control & instrumentation systems in Rwanda.
- Leading, supervising, and coordinating direct reports on technical activities and projects for both Electrical and Control & Instrumentation (C&I) teams, assigning and mapping competencies with skill set requirements
- Ensuring all facility electrical appliances and equipment maintenance activities (corrective, preventative, predictive, and planned outages/major overhauls) are optimised and executed timely and in a safe manner
- Managing electrical and C&I maintenance plans, schedules, applicable maintenance, and safety checklists in maintenance CMMS systems for weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual activities
- Taking corrective actions during system operational disturbances or reporting any required attentions to the operation and maintenance supervisors
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures, from health & safety to codes of conduct and anti-corruption, are followed and respected
- Acting immediately and responsibly in case of fires, gas releases, emergency alarms, and/or accidents with the aim of minimising property damage, casualties, or fatalities
- Keeping all documentation up to date, including single-line diagrams, electrical and automation wiring diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures, Standard Maintenance Procedures, and Management of Change procedures
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in Electrical Engineering
- At least 7 years’ experience as an Electrical Supervisor or similar role
- Strong ability to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams, schematics, and P&IDs. Able to carry out electrical device testing. Preferably have adjusting and calibration experience
- Previous experience of Siemens PLC step 7, DCS, Allen-Bradley PLCs, industrial ethernet networks, profibus networks and instrumentation
- Excellent familiarity with electrical and safety codes
- Strong troubleshooting skills
If you fulfil all of the key criteria for this position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Frederick Thugniot at email@example.com
If you fulfil all the criteria stipulated, you will be contacted within 10 days. If you do not fulfil the minimum criteria, we may contact you regarding alternative positions.