Linum Consult’s client is a major company operating out of the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are seeking a Transport Service Planning Expert specialising in First and Last Mile solutions to join their team in Qatar.
- Developing and implementing Mobility & Service Plans covering First and Last Mile solutions to enhance accessibility to rail stations
- Assisting the Director of Transport Planning in identifying various mobility and service planning strategies to develop, implement, and improve First and Last Mile (FLM) access to metro, tram, and commuter rail stations
- Reviewing the existing service plans of FLM services and suggesting enhancements and ways forward for implementation
- Preparing service level mobility plans for the station catchment areas by identifying appropriate FLM modes
- Preparing tender documents or any other documents required for the procurement of FLM services
- Preparing project reports for the implementation of FLM services in terms of requisite infrastructure, concept studies, user analyses, cost benefit analyses, etc.
- Reviewing, commenting, and coordinating the service planning work of FLM operators
- Communicating First and Last Mile solutions to potential customers through the company’s Public Outreach programme
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in city/town planning, transportation planning or civil engineering, ideally with a master’s degree in a similar field
- At least 8 years’ experience in the planning of first and last mile solutions within the rail/transport industry
- General knowledge in all fields of public transport planning, including railways
- Excellent technical knowledge in at least one area of first and last mile journeys
- Knowledge about non-technical aspects of FLM systems (e.g., economic aspects, CAPEX and OPEX)
- Excellent skills in MS Office and ideally simulation models for public transport
- Fluent in spoken and written English
If you fulfil all the key criteria for this position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Francis Ryan to [email protected]
If you fulfil all the criteria stipulated, you will be contacted within 24 to 48 hours. If you do not fulfil the minimum criteria, we may contact you regarding alternative positions.