Linum Consult’s client is a leading specialist sub-contractor, part of a larger Tier 1 major civil engineering group. Due to exceptional growth across the UK, they are urgently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a proven track record within the UK civil engineering market, to join their team in Edinburgh.
- Taking projects from contract award through to final accounts
- Providing commercial and cost management advice to the Operational team
- Forecasting costs and cashflow
- Conducting supply chain evaluation and procurement
- Negotiating, managing, and administrating subcontract accounts
- Drafting and issuing contractual notifications
- Negotiating and agreeing compensation events
- Producing and closing final accounts
- Pricing projects at ECI or ESI stage
- Mentoring junior staff
- 5-8 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor gained from a Tier 2 contracting environment
- Degree qualification or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management
- Experience of working in the civil engineering industry, particularly working with the NEC form of Contract
- The right to live and work in the UK
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to [email protected]. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.