Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking an Arabic-speaking Senior Legal Counsel to support the company’s legal affairs in Asia and Africa. This role will be based in Qatar.
- Managing legal issues pertaining to the company’s various entities in Asia and Africa, excluding Qatar
- Providing expert, value-enhancing legal advice to the top management of the company to ensure their interests are well-protected
- Defining and implementing processes for continuous monitoring of various legal issues pertaining to the company’s projects and operating subsidiaries in Asia and Africa, to ensure that all relevant legal and regulatory requirements are fulfilled so as to minimise the risk of litigation and disputes
- Informing all concerned parties about statutory and contractual provisions and procedures
- Analysing and advising on the threats and merits of disputes and potential court and arbitration proceedings
- Preparing and negotiating contracts with outside parties in order to safeguard the company’s legal position and minimise risk
- Handling any contract breaches and termination processes for third party contractors who default on sales and lease contracts
- Approving all the main business contracts between the company’s construction projects and outside parties to ensure correctness and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in Law is essential, ideally with a postgraduate degree in a related field
- At least 10 years of active practice in the field of construction contract law, preferably with an emphasis on litigation and arbitration processes
- Significant experience with cross-border investments, private equity, and M&A in the MENA region
- Solid experience of contract management and administration from a legal perspective
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Arabic, ideally with some French language skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
If you fulfil the minimum requirements stipulated by our client and are confidentially interested in applying then please drop Linum Consult a line with a copy of your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Francis Ryan.