Linum Consult’s client is an international infrastructure and engineering company, currently seeking a Senior Lawyer or In-House Senior Legal Counsel to deliver contract and legal support on major infrastructure projects overseas, including water, hydropower, road, and rail. This role will be based in Central London. Our client has dedicated in-house financing and legal teams located around the globe and they structure award-winning transactions and arrange funding for major infrastructure projects.
- Providing support throughout the project lifecycle, from expression of interest, feasibility and concept, through to specification, contract negotiation and award, to the design and delivery of these large infrastructure construction projects
- Drafting and checking of legal documents such as Memorandum of Understanding, Expression of Interest, Letter of Intent, Non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Undertaking project work of a legal or commercial nature for the company as required
- Supporting the preparation, negotiation and execution of various high value and strategic contracts
- Providing support to internal governance and approval processes, including coordinating with compliance, risk, finance, and other internal stakeholders as appropriate
- Liaising with internal and external counsel to obtain, challenge, and finalise legal advice/opinions on various projects
- Identifying and escalating any potential early project risks and opportunities to the Head of Legal in a timely fashion and ensuring that they are managed accordingly
- Liaising across the project teams to promote a clear understanding of the contractual relationships and requirement between the various parties and stakeholders
- Degree qualification in Law, and admitted as a Solicitor or Barrister
- Around 5-8 years of experience post admission within the construction, infrastructure, or real estate sectors
- Experienced in drafting and checking legal documents (MOUs, EoI, NDAs, etc.)
- Ability to take ownership, direct, and influence across the board
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- The right to live and work in the UK
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.