Linum Consult’s client is a leading international finance company, currently seeking a Senior ETL Developer to contribute to various projects spanning across critical technical deliveries, regulatory projects, and platform enhancements. This role will be based in Northampton.
- Working on all aspects of analysis, design, implementation, and deployment of all software related to the core data applications
- Analysing new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solutions and contributing to the overall system design
- Taking responsibility and ownership of new features development
- Documenting designs and communicating them with team members
- Focusing on good code quality and high-test coverage, and actively participating in code reviews
- Designing and implementing applications and data flows, for accuracy, timeliness, quality and control
- Contributing to the delivery of complex projects in collaboration with global teams across the company, to develop new or enhance existing systems
- Delivering complex regulatory projects involving Risk, Finance, and legal business stakeholders and with BI and BUK technology teams
- Significant history of working with ETL tools, preferably Ab Initio
- Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem – Cloudera distribution is preferred
- Knowledge of all Hadoop components mainly HDFS, Zookeeper, YARN, HBASE, Hive, Impala, SparkSQL
- Working knowledge of Oracle, MySQL or Teradata database
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly convey information to non-technical colleagues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Kiva Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.