Linum Consult’s client is a leading international finance company, currently seeking a Platform Developer to deliver their technical vision through code and infrastructure development of the EDP advanced analytics platform across a number of hosting platforms: AWS, OpenShift, and on-premises servers. This role will be based in Northampton.
- Enhance, troubleshoot, and automate the Java, Python and Infrastructure as Code elements, including a portal, tools, and pipelines
- Design new platform capabilities or enhance existing ones, and ensure the deliverables comply to the company’s standards and policies
- Take ownership of data platforms, defects, and responsibility to lead engineers and developers, reviewing code and contributing as required
- Lead service improvement across Elastic DP platform by identifying existing design flaws and guiding the engineering team in remediation and improvement
- Encourage others in working towards the organisation’s goals
- Develop and prototype highly available distributed systems, web application development and framework extensions
- Previous experience in data platform engineering, preferably within the financial sector
- Good understanding of Hadoop core concepts, AWS CloudFormation and Kubernetes
- Demonstrable history of using core programming languages: Java/Scala or Python
- Strong understanding of systems and applications associated with Cloud and containerisation environments such as UNIX, Windows, Storage, Middleware, Networks and security
- Ideally have experience of DevOps tooling such as Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git, Nexus, and working knowledge of CI/CD toolchains
- Infrastructure automation skills (Chef)
- Preferably have exposure to one or more additional technologies in the platform, namely DB2, MongoDB, MariaDB Ab Initio, Informatica, Teradata or SAS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Kiva Donald to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.