Linum Consult’s client is a major international company working within the energy sector. They are currently in the process of expanding and are seeking an Operations & Technical Manager, to be based in their office in Melbourne.
- Coordinating and managing the construction close-out, operation and maintenance of a wind farm project
- Managing business plans and coordinating with the EPC provider, as well as other relevant stakeholders, to successfully ensure the timely setting to work of the project
- Ensuring that the project complies with international and local guidelines and regulatory processes and procedures
- Overseeing the preparation of the construction close-out and operating budgets, and ensuring that the project stays within established parameters
- Controlling and managing the compliance processes and requirements for the project’s O&M under the specified maintenance agreements
- Carrying out administrative duties, including preparation of reports, performing information requests, correspondence, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Degree qualification in Engineering specialising in Mechanical, Electrical, or Power
- At least 10 years’ experience in construction and operations, with 5 years in an operations and maintenance managerial role within the renewable energy industry in Australia
- Direct experience of managing the O&M of wind projects, or turbine erections/installations
- Demonstrable understanding of project management processes, strategies, and methods
- Excellent technical understanding of construction contracts, with the ability evaluate performance reports, compile and maintain maintenance schedules, and to manage key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of wind farms’ operational and maintenance issues, including plant SCADA process control systems
- Able to work at height
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to lead and develop a team of engineers
- The right to live and work in Australia
If you feel that you have the right background of experience to take up this challenging position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Francis Ryan to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application has been successful, then we will contact you within 72hrs.