Linum Consult’s client is an international infrastructure and engineering company, currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer with experience in designing complex mechanical systems for rail projects, to join their team in London.
- Developing and optimising M&E designs and estimating the scope of works
- Reviewing and verifying client’s preliminary designs
- Preparing invitations to tender, and leading the full tender cycle from Tender Pack (BoQs and specification), bid evaluations, tender clarifications, contract negotiations and award
- Carrying out the contract management of relevant subcontractors from award, reviewing designs, factory inspections, site deliveries, installations, and final account
- Providing office field engineering input to the Request for Information and compliance processes
- Providing input into engineering solutions, field sketches, and specifications to resolve site-based queries and coordinating the resolution of issues with the Engineering Manager/Railway Systems where required
- Providing input to the Non-Compliance Reports and Punch Works processes at contract level, and seeking support where necessary from specialists in the evaluation of conformances and assessing the contractor’s recommendations
- BEng/MEng degree educated in Mechanical Engineering, ideally with a chartership to a relevant institution
- At least 8 years of design and construction experience in mechanical systems within infrastructure and railway projects
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of cable management systems, EMC, LV, and HV protection
- Previously worked for EPC contractors in the specification, procurement, and delivery of mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong understanding of relevant industry standards
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- The right to live and work in the UK
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.