Linum Consult’s client is a major company operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking an Independent Safety Assessment Expert to join their team in Qatar.
- Assessing that the Safety Engineering and Safety of Operations on the company’s rail network are conducted in compliance with international standards and codes of practice, in order to achieve a level of risk that is at least as low as reasonably practicable
- Supporting the Senior Manager in establishing plans and procedures, regulations for safety, certifications, regulations, safety of operations, and risk assessments
- Meeting the KPIs and department’s objectives agreed with the Senior Manager
- Representing the company on Safety Engineering and Safety of Operations matters internally
- Liaising with consultants and contractors on assessment issues, and interfacing with clients on both technical and contractual matters
- Assessing that Safety Engineering and Safety of Operations activities are undertaken as described by Common Safety Methods, Yellow Book, and EN50126
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering, with formal or hands-on training in Railway Safety, quality, and project management
- At least 7 years’ experience in Railway Safety and Regulations, safety approvals and decision-making, with a special emphasis on experience in EN 5012x
- Demonstrable history of the safety certification for railway projects/railway engineering, construction, and bringing/maintaining assets into use
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders both inside and outside the organisation
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and the capability to make decisions on complex matters
- Excellent communication skills in English
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Francis Ryan, detailing your current financial package and notice period.