Linum Consult’s client is an engineering consultancy, specialised in providing engineering solutions in the rail sector. They are currently seeking an HV Commissioning Engineer to commission activities on switchgears, transformers, and related equipment. This role will be based out of Birmingham, working 100% remotely but available for on-call visits to site on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for yourself and others, operating to site requirements and project method statements
- Commissioning activities on switchgear, transformers, and related equipment
- Carrying out protection and control testing on HV & LV assets
- Wiring modifications
- Conducting site visits
- Conducting Site Acceptance Testing and Factory Acceptance Testing
- Excellent technical knowledge of UK railway electrical commissioning and safety rules
- Previous experience of working as a Commissioning Engineer or Commissioning Manager
- Experience of fault-finding in HV equipment
- Demonstrable history of carrying out HV protection testing
- Excellent technical written English
- Availability to work on-call and at short notice.
- The right to live and work in the UK, with a full UK driving licence
If you feel that you have the right background of experience to take up this challenging position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com
If your application has been successful, then we will contact you within 72hrs.