Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking a General Counsel, with a background in M&A transactions to join the company’s executive management team and support their legal affairs in Qatar.
- Regularly interacting with the heads of the company’s Finance, Business Development, Strategy and Corporate Support departments, and advising them on a wide array of legal-related matters
- Serving as a member of the company’s Investment Committee and General Tender Committee, and attending board meetings
- Managing the legal aspects of all M&A transactions
- Playing the lead role in appointing external legal counsel
- Conducting legal due diligence
- Developing and implementing transaction structures, drafting, negotiating, and finalising documentation
- Monitoring the legal, regulatory and compliance aspects for a portfolio of companies, post-transaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Law is essential, with a Master’s degree in Law highly desirable
- At least 15 years of active practice working as a corporate partner in a top tier global law firm, as well as in-house working witch a recognised global or regional private equity firm and/or major multinational corporation
- Substantial experience in cross-border Mergers & Acquisitions, particularly in emerging markets
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English, and ideally some proficiency in Arabic
- Preferably have experience working alongside Qatari governmental agencies
- Excellent negotiation, leadership, and interpersonal skills
If you fulfil the minimum requirements stipulated by our client and are confidentially interested in applying then please drop Linum Consult a line with a copy of your CV and contact details to email@example.com for the attention of Francis Ryan.