Linum Consult’s client is a leading international finance company, currently seeking a Front Office Developer with a background in Equity Derivatives to support their distributed risk reporting system, working on tactical and strategic solutions. This role will be based in London.
- Developing and maintaining FOIT applications and solutions for the EFS Trading desk, their proprietary distributed risk reporting system, and Product Control functions
- Employing agile techniques and developing software in a variety of languages within Excel, C#, and occasionally VBA
- Undertaking a number of strategic initiatives to move functionality away from FMD and into more industry standards technologies like C#, ASP.Net, and Python
- Providing tactical solutions on business requests
- Building out new reports on request from the stakeholders by liaising with Quant/Pricing teams
- Strong technical proficiency in C++, C#, or Excel/VBA, with an appetite to learn new programming languages, specifically FMD
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of data structures, algorithms, and general problem solving
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Ideally have knowledge of functional programming (e.g. Haskell, F#)
- Must have knowledge of equity derivatives, exotic products, trading desks
- Some knowledge of databases and their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, PL/SQL, TSQL) would be preferred
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Fatima Rodriguez to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.