Linum Consult’s client is a major international company that works within the energy sector. They are seeking a Finance Specialist to be based in their office in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Supporting and assisting in all aspects of accounting; including accounts payable, accounts receivable, banks, payroll, inventory, fixed assets, etc.
- Maintaining General Ledger accounts ensuring proper and accurate journal entry preparation
- Preparing relevant periodic reconciliations, including monthly bank reconciliation, general ledger reconciliation
- Supporting management and relationships with external auditors
- Ensuring compliance with the group’s treasury policy
- Supporting the preparation of statutory financial statements and related disclosures under local accounting standards (Dutch GAAP)
- Ensuring proper cash flow planning with the aim of satisfying timely cash requirements of the business and ensuring optimal capital structuring at all times
- Degree qualification in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration, with a professional qualification such as CFA, CMA, CA, or ACCA
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in accounting or treasury, with 2-3 years in a similar role
- Familiarity with Dutch corporate and tax laws and regulations
- Familiarity with local GAAP and IFRS
- Previous experience of market-leading ERP systems (Oracle preferably and Exact)
- Ideally have previously worked in the energy/power industry for large international or multicultural companies
- Ideally have experience with a Big4 company in the fields of Audit, Assurance, or Corporate Finance
- Fluent in English and Dutch
If you feel that you have the right background of experience to take up this challenging position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention of Francis Ryan to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application has been successful, then we will contact you within 72hrs.