Linum Consult’s client is a leading specialist sub-contractor, part of a larger Tier 1 major civil engineering group. Due to exceptional growth across the UK, they are urgently seeking an Estimator with experience within the UK civil engineering market, to join their team in Sheffield.
- Estimating project costs from first principals, including direct labour, materials, and equipment
- Conducting analyses on subcontractor packages
- Determining costs through your own calculations and price inquiries
- Creating detailed cost work breakdown analyses to ensure the production of high-quality cost estimates
- Producing cost and build-ups for in-directs and preliminaries
- Preparing estimating reports
- Working in the tender team giving financial inputs for all programme, VE, temporary works, and other associated issues
- Reviewing and analysing tender documents and drawings, specifications, planning, measurement sheets, etc.
- Liaising with the Supply Chain team with regards to placing supplier/subcontractor enquiries
- Compiling and supervising enquiries and procuring quotes for materials and subcontract packages
- Preparing tender submission documents
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering, ideally with a relevant CSCS Card
- Minimum of 5 years’ estimating experience in civil engineering projects. Any experience of road or rail construction experience would be preferable
- Strong ability to understand technical drawings and requirements
- Excellent IT skills, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and estimating software
- Organised, methodical, and good analytical skills
- The right to live and work in the UK
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application to email@example.com for the attention of Neill Donald. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.