Linum Consult’s client is a leading international finance company, currently seeking a Backend Development Tools Support Engineer to provide end-to-end support to DevOps toolsets. This role will be based in Prague.
- Act as a global expert for the toolset – namely Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket from Atlassian, other tools like Nexus, TeamCity, Jenkins along with in-house tools created for the ease of the developer’s work
- Implement feature requests raised through Jira for the team following the process
- Oversee troubleshooting of problems and either solve or serve as the point of escalation
- Provide teams with support and help when needed – either local discussions, using emails, chat, or confluence pages
- Represent the team alongside other members on the regular monthly stakeholder meetings and provide feedback when necessary
- Actively participate in regular team meetings (Kanban/Scrum), get familiar with this Agile methodology
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX shell and some scripting language like Perl or Python
- Knowledge of source code control systems (DVCS like git mostly)
- Good knowledge of relational database systems (preferably PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Familiarity with CI/CD toolsets is essential
- Familiarity with cloud computing – AWS
- Preferably have familiarity with container technology like docker
- Ideally have knowledge of monitoring tools like ITRS
If you fulfil the above criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Kiva Donald to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.