Linum Consult’s client is an international main contractor, specialising in a variety of civil engineering projects. They are urgently seeking a Dutch-speaking Contract Manager to join their team in Rotterdam.
- Advising and supporting the Project Management team on the administration of contracts, on all contractual matters and communications, ensuring that they are in accordance with the approved procedures and policies for projects
- Ensuring that notifications are timely and properly submitted in writing as per the contracts and within the time bars agreed
- Maintaining and preparing or reviewing meeting minutes, ensuring that they are signed by all parties
- Ensuring that the knowledge regarding all contracts is readily available to the site staff, so that questions regarding such contracts can be replied to
- Preparing and maintaining claims including substantiation
- Agreeing and submitting Applications for Payment and following up all administration regarding payments, and paying the subcontractors on time
- Advising the Project Manager and site staff on any contractual insurance related matters
- Advising site technical staff on the contractual wording of Technical Query Reports
- Assisting the Project Manager with the handover of works to the client, and arranging the final account so that these are achieved in accordance with the contract conditions
- 10 years’ post-graduation experience in a senior position
- Degree qualification in Law or Member of RICS or equivalent
- Strong technical knowledge of the administration and management of Civil Engineering contracts within the Construction industry
- Previous experience working for main contractors
- Excellent technical English and Dutch language skills
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.