Linum Consult’s client is an international contractor, specialising in a variety of civil engineering projects. They are urgently seeking a French- and English-speaking Contract Manager with a proven track record in FIDIC Yellow book contracts, to join their team in Guinea.
- Advising and supporting the Project Management team on the administration of the contract, on all contractual matters and communications, ensuring that they are in accordance with the approved procedures and policies for the project
- Ensuring that notifications are timely and properly submitted in writing as per the contract and within the time bars agreed in the contract
- Maintaining and preparing or reviewing meeting minutes, ensuring that they are signed by all parties
- Ensuring that the knowledge regarding all contracts is readily available to the site staff, so that questions regarding such contracts can be replied to
- Preparing and maintaining claims including substantiation
- Agreeing and submitting Applications for Payment and following up all administration regarding payments, and paying the subcontractors on time
- Advising the Project Manager and site staff on any contractual insurance related matters
- Advising site technical staff on the contractual wording of Technical Query Reports
- Assisting the Project Manager with the handover of works to the client, and arranging the final account so that these are achieved in accordance with the contract conditions
- 10 years’ post-graduation experience in a senior position
- Degree qualification in Law or Member of RICS or equivalent
- Strong technical knowledge of the administration and management of FIDIC Yellow 1999 contracts
- Native French speaker with good English: the contract will be in French, and contractual correspondence will be in both French and English
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.