Linum Consult’s client is an international contractor, specialising in a variety of civil engineering projects. They are urgently seeking a Contract Manager to join their team in Brussels, Belgium before transferring to their oil pipeline project site in Tanzania.
- Advising and supporting the Project Management team on the administration of the contract, on all contractual matters and communications, ensuring that they are in accordance with the approved procedures and policies for the project
- Ensuring that notifications are timely and properly submitted in writing as per the contract and within the time bars agreed in the contract
- Maintaining and preparing or reviewing meeting minutes, ensuring that they are signed by all parties
- Ensuring that the knowledge regarding all contracts is readily available to the site staff, so that questions regarding such contracts can be replied to
- Preparing and maintaining claims including substantiation
- Agreeing and submitting Applications for Payment and following up all administration regarding payments, and paying the subcontractors on time
- Advising the Project Manager and site staff on any contractual insurance related matters
- Advising site technical staff on the contractual wording of Technical Query Reports
- Assisting the Project Manager with the handover of works to the client, and arranging the final account so that these are achieved in accordance with the contract conditions
- 10 years’ post-graduation experience in a senior position
- Degree qualification in Law or Member of RICS or equivalent
- Strong technical knowledge of the administration and management of bespoke/irregular contracts within the Oil & Gas industry
- Excellent technical English language skills, ideally with some French-speaking abilities
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.