Linum Consult’s client is an international firm specialising in subsea infrastructure works. Due to extended growth, they are looking to hire a Community Liaison Officer with experience in the construction industry to join their team in Dakar, Senegal.
- Promoting the mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion issues at all stages of the project cycle
- Supporting the inclusion of gender and social issues in all project activities
- Developing guidelines, including a checklist, for partners to enable effective implementation of the gender and social inclusion initiatives
- Assisting in developing SMART indicators to monitor the gender impact, diversity and social inclusion of supported sub-projects
- Assessing and identifying potential gender-differentiated impacts as well as diversity and social equality aspects of identified potential initiatives
- Reviewing the project documents and gauging the impact of intended results on power dynamics, diversity, social inclusion and gender equality
- Master’s degree or professional qualification in Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology, Local Development, or similar
- Around 5 years’ experience in gender and social inclusion for construction projects
- Experience in the application of international good practices and methodologies related to gender and social inclusion
- Highly organised with excellent written skills, and fluency in English & French
- Experience in Africa would be beneficial
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Frederick Thugniot to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.