Linum Consult’s client is a leading specialist sub-contractor, part of a larger Tier 1 major civil engineering group. Due to exceptional growth across the UK, they are urgently seeking a Commercial Director with a proven track record within the UK civil engineering market, to join their head office in Birmingham, UK.
- Managing the commercial team, supervising the preparation of pre-qualification submissions, commercial review of tenders, sub-contracts tendered and related documentation
- Overseeing, developing and managing the project’s commercial strategy, final accounts, cash-flow; completing submission of interim applications; procuring and managing project supply chain in compliance with standard company policy
- Effectively managing risk and opportunities as well as providing contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team
- Supervising, approving and endorsing claim submissions as well as managing all contract arrangements and documentation
- Drafting appropriate contract documents and preparing necessary commercial reports such as the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting
- At least 15 years of experience in Quantity Surveying with a heavy focus on major civil engineering projects, such as rail, highways, airports, utilities, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in Quantity Surveying or a Civil Engineering degree with an LLB qualification
- Chartership with RICS or CInstCES
- Strong knowledge of FIDIC, JCT, ICE, and NEC contracts, with the ability to manage contract administration
- Must have extensive experience of working for main contractors within the UK
- Excellent communication skills
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] for the attention of Neill Donald, detailing your current financial package and notice period.