Linum Consult’s client is a major international engineering and construction business which has been in operation for more than 30 years. The group develops and operates complex infrastructure assets in the power and transportation sectors. Due to exceptional growth, Linum Consult’s client is looking for an experienced Claims & Dispute Manager to support its European subsidiaries from their London office. Please note that this position will be based in London with international travel.
- Being the first point of contact for any claims and disputes and maintaining a strong stakeholder engagement
- Being able to anticipate and mitigate any potential claims and adverse impacts of projects, considering any financial, operational, and reputational risk
- Maintaining project documentation including reporting, plans, risk register
- Offering advice on a range of national and international construction contract forms, and the processes and procedures relating to them, mainly FIDIC
- Applying robust and methodical analytical skills, whilst adopting a flexible and adaptable approach to problems and client requests
- Travelling internationally to visit projects or attending meetings necessary for building or civil engineering claim assignments
- Degree qualification in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management, ideally with an MSc in Construction Law or similar
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in contractual claims administration for significant civil engineering and infrastructure projects
- Strong contractual experience including contract terms and conditions and the relevant processes and procedures
- Demonstrable expertise in adjudication, arbitral, or litigation processes
- Previous experience of working in either Europe, Central Asia or Africa
- Specific skills / abilities: Computer knowledge, contract administration knowledge, ability to draft contractual letters
Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work independently, to demonstrate maturity and tactful in handling different levels of individuals within the organization and external parties.
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.