Rail Baltica is a greenfield rail transport infrastructure megaproject with a goal to integrate the Baltic States in the European rail network. It is the largest Baltic-region infrastructure project in the last 100 years with a length of 870 km, and includes five European Union countries – Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and indirectly – also Finland.
Rail Baltica will become the basis for a new economic corridor, post-Covid recovery and military mobility for the Baltic region.
We are looking for a Chief Executive Officer/ Chairperson of the Management Board to join our ambitious and growing team!
Chief Executive Officer/ Chairperson of the Management Board will manage RB Rail AS activities within the Rail Baltica project by providing leadership to the Management Board and staff.
Jointly with other Management Board members, the CEO will take full responsibility for RB Rail AS day-to-day management in line with the applicable legislative acts, Articles of Association, Management Board Regulations, strategy and corporate targets as approved by the Supervisory Board.
We will entrust you to:
- Maintain relations with the national governments and institutions of the Baltic countries, European Union institutions and agencies, responsible Ministries of the states, implementing bodies and stakeholders.
- Establish and implement good corporate governance practices and procedures, promoting the highest standards of integrity and transparency throughout the company and project community.
- Perform strategic stakeholder consultations with a view of developing the strategy and long-term corporate goals in line with the Global Project’s master plan, financing and other agreements.
- Plan, develop and ensure effective implementation of activities entrusted to RB Rail AS.
- Promote the organization to local, regional, national, and international community.
- Coordinating cross-border matters and interests between member countries, consensus building and sustaining relationships, as well as communication with the public about the project’s progress.
- Manage project development processes including evaluation of execution and financial performance.
- Report to the Supervisory Board and shareholders, national governments, European Union institutions and agencies as well as state and EU audit institutions.
- Cooperating with public and non-governmental organizations and media.
- Supervise transparent public procurement tenders.
- Ensure that RB Rail’s operations fully comply with the EU and Latvian laws and regulations, including full compliance with all the Latvian tax laws and accounting standards.
To succeed, you should have:
- A Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant science. Project Management Professional certification would be considered an advantage.
- International experience as a senior executive level business manager and a team-leader who is able to cope with the multinational, multilingual and multicultural nature of the joint venture.
- Held a senior executive position in an organisation delivering a major infrastructure project.
- Strong knowledge in major project management methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in large infrastructure construction, financing, operations and management matters.
- Strong Baltic knowledge and cultural awareness with an excellent understanding of the local cultures and regulations in order to navigate the complexities of cross-border collaboration
- Public Affairs and public relations experience.
- Big scale cross-border development project management experience would be an advantage.
- Public utilities, services or infrastructure industry experience would be an advantage.
- Fluency in business English and of one of the Baltic languages.
If you are willing to be a part of the challenging and unique project, and your experience and personality match the position’s requirements, please, send your CV and motivation letter in English with the subject “CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER” to RB Rail AS recruitment partners Linum Consult Ltd: email@example.com by 29 March 2023.
RB Rail AS as a controller and Linum Consult Ltd. as its respective partner ensures that data processing within recruitment process (for recruitment and hiring related purposes) is carried out in accordance with regulations on the protection of personal data processing.
More information regarding candidates’ personal data processing is available here: https://www.railbaltica.org/about-rail-baltica/candidates-personal-data-privacy-note/
Co-financed by the Connecting Europe Facility of the European Union