Linum Consult’s client is part of a multinational Tier 1 main contractor – a world leader in structural engineering, currently seeking to expand their UK operations. They are urgently looking for a dynamic Structural Design Engineer, specialising in expansion joints and bearings for bridges to join their growing team in their West Midlands office.
- Designing expansion joints and bearing devices for roadway, railway, and foot bridges, according to British and European standards, with the main focus on expansion joints
- Liaising with clients, designers and factories in charge for production
- Supporting the Estimators by providing preliminary designs and costing for expansion joints and bridge bearings
- Providing assistance to the regional bearing inspectors when judgement on standard or non-standard bearings require deeper technical considerations
- Providing technical assistance during the installation phases
- Degree qualification in Mechanical or Civil Structural Engineering
- At least a year of experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD (ideally with some experience of SolidWorks)
- Good interpersonal and team supporting skills, with strong attention to detail
- Only candidates that already have the right to live and work in the UK can be considered.
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Neill Donald. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.