Linum Consult’s client is a leading international finance company, currently seeking a Banking Lawyer to join their team in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for the German legal team covering the DCM and ECM
- Manging legal and reputational risks from initial pitch phase to post closing in a broad range of transactional, advisory, and documentation work
- Working with banking business units and other infrastructure areas (e.g. Compliance, Financial Crime, Credit, Audit, other Legal teams)
- Drafting, amending, reviewing and advising on pre-transactional and contractual documents, such as term sheets, underwriting agreements, prospectuses, legal opinions, templates, confidentiality agreements, support letters, etc.
- Negotiating transactional documentation, with a focus on capital markets transactions e.g. DCM, ECM and possibly PCM
- Structuring, transaction management and execution
- Instructing and managing external counsel
- Following legal and regulatory developments: delivering training and education to German businesses and infrastructure teams on topical issues, legal risks & regulations
- Answering more general questions affecting the Corporate and Investment Banking businesses of the company across Europe
- German law qualified lawyer with post qualification experience of 2-4 years
- Top-tier capital markets private practice or in-house capital markets background
- Excellent working knowledge with DCM and ECM transaction
- Strong knowledge and expertise of regulatory frameworks (MiFID, MiFIR, prospectus regulations, German regulatory laws such as the German Banking Act, the German Securities Trading Act and other regulatory laws)
- Familiar with the German Stock Corporation Act, the Commercial Code, the Civil Code, and other applicable legal frameworks applying to Banking products
- Fluent in both German and English, with excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate commercial understanding, good judgement on legal risk decisions and when to escalate
- Transaction management skills
- Able to articulate the firm’s governance and risk policies
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.