Linum Consult’s client is a major company currently seeking a bilingual Arabic- and English-speaking Legal Counsel, to join their team and support their legal affairs in Qatar.
- Manage contracts and agreements between the company and external parties and providing legal opinions wherever necessary
- Formulate policies and procedures for various legal activities. Provide advice and counsel to the company’s different business units
- Study constitutions, statutes, laws, rulings, and regulations of Qatar and follow their updates to determine any legal implications to the company
- Ensure business units’, divisions’, and departments’ compliance with the overall legal policies and regulations
- Prepare periodic reports highlighting the company’s compliance with laws, submitting to the Legal Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Law is essential, with a Master’s degree in Law highly desirable, and admittance to the Bar
- At least 5-10 years of active practice working as a legal counsel in a top tier global law firm, as well as in-house working with a recognised global or regional private equity firm and/or major multinational corporation
- Previous experience of managing external counsel and other service providers
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and in Arabic
- Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
If you fulfil the minimum requirements stipulated by our client and are confidentially interested in applying then please drop Linum Consult a line with a copy of your CV and contact details to email@example.com for the attention of Fatima Rodriguez.