Linum Consult’s client is a leading international finance company, currently seeking a Data Analyst to be a member of the Strategic Implementation Program (SIP) focused on improving Risk, Finance & Treasury Data and Processes within the investment bank. This role will be based at their head office in London.
- Migrating end-of-day risk to the strategic risk-engines, re-platforming market risk’s processes, and migrating product accounting onto the firm’s strategic sub-ledger
- Working closely with the stream Business Analysts to understand business requirements and how they translate into system, data, and process change, with particular emphasis around the data components
- Identifying points of overlap and contention across the various streams and using this to formulate a sensible sequencing of change
- Partnering with CIOs and Architects to design solutions that meet the business needs
- Understanding the roadmap to strategically source data and performing comparisons between legacy and target data sources to ensure they reconcile, or that differences are understood and substantiated or remediated
- Focusing on data quality, data controls, data lineage, and sourcing from designated authoritative sources
- Being part of team of SMEs who are the go-to experts for key data-related focuses; both front-to-back and across product
- Significant experience working in risk, finance, or treasury within an investment bank, with excellent knowledge of credit, macro, and equity investment banking products as well as front-to-back flows
- Strong knowledge about product control/product accounting and/or market risk processes and methodology and/or end-of-day risk processes
- Demonstrable experience of working with data relating to investment bank products, preferably with experience at constructing SQL-type queries to review and compare data sets
- Exceptional communication skills and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to conduct meetings and inform business decisions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ideally have programme management/business change experience in cross-functional teams
- Good experience of best practice project management methodologies and tools
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Kiva Donald to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.