Linum Consult’s client is an international infrastructure and engineering company, currently seeking a Civil Engineer to join their team in London.
- Assisting with the technical development and execution of infrastructure projects
- Reviewing project feasibility studies, producing reports and databases summarising technical scope
- Creating tender packs for suppliers and subcontractors. Reviewing bids for technical compliance
- Engaging and negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors to develop their solutions for the project
- Undertaking design reviews after sub-contract award, ensuring compliance with Contract Specifications and Standards. Identifying any weaknesses or errors in the design that could jeopardise project execution
- Undertaking basic civil design/sizing including design checks
- Managing design registers, meeting minutes, drawing registers, etc. as necessary in line with project requirements. Ensuring all formal communication is undertaken and managed (Requests For Information, Technical Queries, etc.)
- Degree in Civil Engineering, ideally with a master’s and with an interest in becoming Chartered
- At least 2-5 years of experience working on infrastructure projects such as rail, highways, or water
- Familiar with the use of specifications, datasheets, and industry standards
- Knowledge of project phases, processes, and associated compliance
- Experience in using engineering software (i.e. Revit, WALLAP, TEDDS, AutoCAD) and MS Office
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- The right to live and work in the UK
If you fulfil ALL of the key criteria for this position, then please submit your application for the attention of Neill Donald to email@example.com. If your application is successful you will be contacted within 48 hours for a further discussion.